When Words Collide is a festival for readers, writers,
artists and publishers of commercial and literary fiction, including
genre, YA, children's books, and poetry. Would you like to know more?
71 days until the
next price increase
Registration is 85.0% full
The current adult passholder rate is $55 CAD. Prices will increase on August 1, 2019.
You can register online, use our registration form or, in
Calgary, stop in at The Sentry Box at 1835 - 10th Avenue SW to purchase your pass.
If we are sold out in advance, passes will not be available at the door.
News and Notes
When Words Collide,
c/o The Sentry Box,
1835 - 10th Avenue SW,
T3C 0K2, Canada.
Last modified: 2019 May 18 19:22.
Shared Author Tables
The shared author tables are organized separately from the rest of
the festival and are NOT run by When Words Collide. They are run by
the Imaginative Fiction Writers Association
(IFWA) as an author co-operative where everybody helps sell the
books and you receive 100% of the money from the sale of your
Sign-up for the tables is now open.
- Download the paperwork (2 pages), print it, and fill it out before you arrive at the
- DO NOT TRY TO SAVE PAPER. The forms need to be on two
separate sheets at full size.
- Print the forms in landscape orientation like this.
- Email Renée Bennett for details on when to be there, what to bring, etc., and to sign up for your shift.
- If your books will be carried by any of our other merchants, you are not
eligible for the shared author tables.
- Space on the tables is limited, so you may have up to three titles for
- Each author must sign up for at least one, hour-long sales shift during
the festival. At least two people are assigned to work any particular shift,
so you will not be alone. Training is provided.
- All sales are cash only.
- If you have book stands you can bring, please do so. It is wise to
mark your stands (a loop of tape with your name printed on it works
well) so we know who they belong to.
- The paperwork is absolutely necessary and you MUST bring paper copies
of the filled-out forms with you.