Registration for 2021
There is no registration this year as our online festival is FREE TO ALL. Just download the program, pick the sessions you want to attend, and enjoy in the comfort of your own home!
- Registration Types and Information
- Current Registration Rates
- Am I Already Registered?
- Mail-in Registration Form
- Online Festival Registration
- List of Festival Passholders
- Shared Author Table
Registration Types and Information
Festival Weekend Passes, Banquet Tickets, and Master Class Passes are transferable* but not refundable. WWC will maintain a waiting list in the event registered attendees cancel.
Our festival registration cap is 800 people. If we are sold out before the festival, at-door registration will not be available.
Pre-/Post-festival Master Classes are 3 or 6.5 hour in-depth sessions made available by some of this year's (and sometimes former) festival guests of honour. Class type, duration, and size are determined by the presenter. This year's Master Classes will be announced as soon as they are scheduled.
Note: When Words Collide uses PayPal to process on-line PayPal, Debit and Credit Card transactions.
Mail-in registration form must be accompanied by payment via Cheque or Money Order only. Credit cards and cash are accepted with printed registration forms at The Sentry Box. We do not send out receipts, but a list of registered attendees (who specify on their registration form that they wish to be listed) appears on our website. Those who elect not to be listed will not be on the list. PayPal sends out a transaction receipt via email, although we have heard from a few people that they don't receive it (possibly blocked by spam filters). Some versions of various web browsers have been known to cause errors during the online registration process. If you have any trouble with on-line registration, please try a different web browser. If you have questions about your registration, please check the Passholders List before emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your question.
*Transfers: If you are registered for the festival and discover you can no longer attend, WWC is happy to transfer your membership (and banquet ticket) to a friend or the next person on our waiting list. WWC will assist with waiting list transfers up to and including July 31.
Children under the age of 8 need not register, but must be accompanied by a registered adult at all times. Children who are running loose may be asked to leave the festival.
Parents bringing children to the festival must provide the children`s proof of age when picking up their registration package at the festival. The child’s age as of is used to determine the type of pass they will need.
Most people will want an Adult pass which allows you to attend all of the festival activities.
Registrations are non-refundable. However, you may transfer your pass to another person. Please contact us to make the transfer.
By registering for this festival you consent to allowing When Words Collide to use any photographs or other recordings taken at the festival for promotional purposes.
Current Registration Rates
Prices are in Canadian dollars. Ages are inclusive, so Youths are from their 13th birthday to the day before their 19th birthday.
|Rates change in 157 days|
|Child||20 CAD||8 up to 12|
|Youth||30 CAD||13 up to 18|
|Adult||45 CAD||19 and up|
Am I Already Registered?
If you are unsure about your registration status there are four ways you can check. Please remember, we do not send separate confirmations or receipts when you register. Instead, look for a PayPal email confirming your payment, or see your credit card or bank statement if that's how you paid. Those who register via mail or at the Sentry Box will have either the Sentry Box receipt or the cancelled cheque from your bank.
- If you did not ask to be left off the online list when you registered, our online passholders list should have your name. Names are listed in alphabetical order by given name. Of course, if you asked not to be listed then you'll have to try another method.
- If you have your 12-digit registration number, enter it in the box below and click on the Query button.
- If you don't have your registration number, enter your name below and click on the Send button. An email with your registration status with be sent to the address on your registration (assuming you have registered for this year). If you do not get an email within 24 hours it means you are not registered.
- If nothing else works, you can send us an enquery via email.
Mail-in Registration Form
Most credit card companies now include a 3-digit Credit Card Validation number that must be supplied when doing transactions to prove that you have the actual, physical credit card in your possession. This 3-digit number can be found on the signature-side of the card and is the final 3 digits of the number on the signature strip. See the illustration for the location. On American Express cards the CCV is four digits and on the front right side.
If you wish to mail your registration form, a printable copy is available here. Please leave enough time for the postal system to deliver the form. We cannot be held responsible for mail that arrives after a deadline.
Online Festival Registration
- Passes are non-refundable, but you may transfer them to other people.
- To transfer a pass, please contact email@example.com
- You may register up to 5 people online in one session.
- Your PayPal/debit/credit receipt is your confirmation. There is no separate email or ticket from us.
- Please make sure the people you are registering are not already registered (see Am I Registered? above).