Free Public Events
These events, held in association with When Words Collide, are free and open to the public. You do not need a festival pass to attend any of them.
- Festival Guest readings. This year’s festival guests—Cathy Ace, Vicki Delany, Steena Holmes, Fonda Lee, Dave Reynolds, and Morgan Rhodes—will be reading and signing books at the Fish Creek Public Library on Thursday August 13th from 7 to 9 pm. These readings will be repeated at the Delta Calgary South Hotel on Friday August 14th from 1 to 3 pm in the Bonavista Ballroom (Tower Building basement).
- Autograph Session. Our festival guests, joined by 80+ attending authors, will be signing books on Saturday August 15th from 8 to 10 pm in the Bonavista Ballroom (Tower Building basement).
- Merchants Corner. Books by our festival guests and attending authors and publishers are available all weekend during daytime hours in our Merchant Room located in the Nakiska Ballroom (Atrium Building, inside main doors).
- Hidden Art Show. While we are not exactly hidden, we are off the beaten track, so we hope you will come find us in the Lake Louise Room on the 2nd floor of the Atrium Building. There is a lovely line-up of artists .
- Pinning Ceremony. On Friday evening after the keynote speeches (about 8:30pm) everyone is welcome to joing us for the presentation of the Aurora nominee pins to first-time nominees.
- Aurora Awards. On Saturday night after the banquet, at 6:30, we invite everyone to join us for the Aurora awards ceremony. Come find out first who wins this year's trophies.
- CSFFA Annual General Meeting. On Sunday morning join the CSFFA board for their society's AGM and see what they're all about. Didn't vote online, this is CSFFA members last chance to be heard this year.