- What data do We collect?
- How do We collect your data?
- How will We use your data?
- How do We store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies and How do We use them?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
1. What data do We collect?
We may collect the following personal and computer data:
- Email address – so that we may contact you as needed.
- Full legal name – for processing registrations
- Phone number – so that we may contact you in a timely manner
- State/Province, City, Country – for registration statistics
- Your device's Internet Protocol address (i.e. IP address) – disclosed by default when you visit a web site; unused by Us
- Information about your browser and operating system – disclosed by default when you visit a web site; unused by Us
2. How do We collect your data?
You directly provide Us with the data We collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register for Our festival, or any part thereof.
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback on Our web site, or via email.
- Visit Our web site or send Us email.
3. How will We use your data?
We collect your data so that We can:
- Process your registration.
- Send you emails about the status of Our festivals or special events.
We do not share share your data with anyone else except as required by law, or with your explicit consent.
When We process your registration, the following information is sent to PayPal Holdings Inc. (https://www.paypal.com/): your name, and registration information. In order to process your payment, PayPal may send your data to other companies (e.g. you credit card company).
4. How do We store your data?
We securely store your data in a database on a private computer that is not connected to a network. If you are involved in the festival as an organizer, presenter, or guest of honour, your name and any biographical details you provide may also be published on our web site, as per your consent.
We will keep your registration data for five years from the date of your last registration. Once this time period has expired, We will delete your data from our computer files.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that We think you might like, as well as those of our affiliates. This information will be sent by Us directly. We will never share your contact information with anyone else without your written permission.[FIXME List organizations that will send data]
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
You may send Us an email if you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes.
6. What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access—You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification—You have the right to request that We correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request We to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure—You have the right to request that We erase your personal data that we hold, however doing so may invalidate any current registrations for our events for which you have paid.
The right to restrict processing—You have the right to request that We restrict the processing of your personal data, for example by removing your publically viewable information from our web site.
The right to object to processing—You have the right to object to Our processing of your personal data, if (a) you believe that you personal data is inaccurate, (b) we would normally erase your expired data but you need it to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim.:
The right to data portability—You have the right to request that We transfer the data that We have collected to another organization, or directly to you.
If you make a request regarding these rights, We have one month to respond to you. To exercise any of these rights, please contact Us by email, or write to Us at: When Words Collide, c/o Box 1835, 10 Street SW, Calgary, AB, T3C 0K2.
8. Privacy policies of other websites
10. How to contact Us
12. How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that We have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Canadian Privacy Commissioner’s Office.
Toll-free Telephone: 1-800-282-1376