When Words Collide 2014 Saturday Banquet
Saturday, August 9th from 5:30 - 6:30 PM
Join our festival guests and organizers for a delicious 12 Item Buffet catered by the Carriage House Inn, known for the highest quality of food and service.
- Caesar Salad
- Baby Spinach Salad with Frisse and Radicchio served with Creamy Gorgonzola, Tarragon Dressing and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Greek Salad with Romaine, Tomato, Cucumber, Olive & Feta Cheese Oregano Vinaigrette
- Fresh Bocconcini & Tomato Salad with Olive Oil Sea Salt and Oregano
- Vanilla Bean Scented Seasonal Fresh Fruit Salad Drizzled with Tangerine Honey
- Seared Salmon with Grilled Creamy Roasted Corn and Cilantro
- Herb Grilled Chicken with Pancetta, Cannellini Bean and Leek Ragu
* If dietary restrictions prevent you from enjoying either entrée, let us know and the chef will pre-arrange a vegetarian serving for you: Spinach and Cheese Manicotti with Roasted Garlic & Tomato Sauce.
- Chocolate Ganache Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake
- Almond Pear Tart
- Raspberry Mousse Cake
- Dulce De Leche Cake
Dinner is also served with House Baked Rolls, Creamery Butter, Starbucks Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee and Assorted Herbal Tea.
While all members of When Words Collide are welcome to attend the banquet, a limited number of banquet tickets are available and must be purchased before August 1st. You can purchase banquet tickets here.
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Variety Show
Saturday, August 9th from 6:30 - 7:30 PM
Banquet attendees are welcome to keep their seats for a taste of entertainment. Skits, songs, and even some stand-up comedy is provided by various talented readers and writers attending the festival. Attendees not attenting the banquet are welcome to find a free chair and enjoy the show.
When Words Collide Autograph Session
Saturday, August 9th from 8:00 - 9:00 PM
The ballroom will be closed from 7:30-9:00 PM for the hotel to clean and replace tablecloths. Then our festival guests and other attending authors will be available to sign books. This event is open to the public. Readers not attending the festival may drop by and get their books signed.
Authors currently registered for signing include:
|Laura VanArendonk Baugh||www.LauraVanArendonkBaugh.com|
|D. J. McIntosh||www.djmcintosh.com|
|Daniel A. Willis||www.danielawillis.com|
When Words Collide Saturday Chocolate Social
Saturday, August 9th from 9:00 - 11:00 PM
Festival attendees are welcome to hang out in the ballroom after the Autograph Session for drinks and dessert and to drop by additional socials held on the 2nd floor. This is a great opportunity to wind down after the day's events and chat with other attendees.